How to Maintain Dedicated Servers
GalaxyVisions’ dedicated servers are the best in the business. They’re reliable, high-performance machines that are designed to deliver day in and day out.
But there are steps users can take to ensure that performance never lags. These include:
1. Checking backups: Take a few minutes to ensure that your backups aren’t corrupted.
2. Keeping the OS up to date: Whether Windows or Linux, operating systems are continuously improving. Make sure all patches are applied quickly to your servers.
3. Securing remote management tools: Don’t let hackers take over your boxes through some hole left by remote tools.
4. Checking resource usage: Ensure that programs are behaving as expected.
5. Enforcing password updates: Don’t keep the same password for too long. It opens a major vulnerability.
For more details on how to keep your dedicated server running reliably, check out this page.